Yesterday’s music post had me thinking at 2AM what other ice breaker/get to know me lists could I write about? And then it hit me. BOOKS! To narrow it down I’m going to list just the chapter books that I either read in a day or could re-read them over & over again.
- Anne of Green Gables. I read this in 6th grade and fell in love with the imagination and spunky character of Anne herself. I may not be a redhead but I saw so much of myself in her.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. When I was in 7th grade we had to do a character book report & I chose this book. I dressed up as little Francie Nolan & told the class my story.
- Matilda. The first book I ever read by Roald Dahl. Matilda was imaginative, inquisitive, and loved to read. (Have you sensed a theme with my favorite books so far?)
- The Ghost of Blackwood Hall. My first “grown up” mystery book. Or so I thought in my head. I bought it at the local bookstore in 1996 for getting straight A’s on my report card. My mom suggested that I try this series because she loved this series when she was my age. But of course I didn’t read the first book. I went with #25 because the cover looked cool.
- And Then There Were None. The next level of mystery series for me to become addicted to reading. Again, this author was at mom’s suggestion.
- Eleanor & Park. This book broke my heart. Even though it’s YA fiction I still found it relatable.
This slice is super brief today because now I have to start getting ready for Adult Prom. <-There’s a preview about tomorrow’s slice.